Wednesday, February 26, 2014

REVIEW: Wet n' Wild H2O Proof Liquid Eyeliner

I'm review this product as a part of my WEEKLY REVIEW series. 

I'm always on the lookout for WATERPROOF eyeliners. My HOLY GRAIL waterproof eyeliner is the ESSENCE WATERPROOF LIQUID EYELINER(<- CLICK for the REVIEW)

BUT that doesn't mean I've STOPPED looking...it's always nice to have MORE THAN ONE holy grail products! I remember reading/watching review on the WET n' WILD H2O PROOF LIQUID EYELINER a long time ago...and decided to pick one up! They range from $5.96 CAD-$6.89CAD each.






The applicator is VERY POINTY

The applicator IS NOT FLEXIBLE 

The formula is VERY THICK

Takes a while to DRY

*It's hard to tell in the picture, but it actually has a GLOSSY finish**












I wore the eyeliner for about 6 hours, it DID LAST and was WATERPROOF (I washed my face with WATER) BUT THIS happened after an hour (do remember that I have OILY eyelids)



And it KEPT happening throughout the day. (I had to wipe the transfer about 3 TIMES)


** Please remember that I AM A BEGINNER at applying eyeliner/ I HAVE OILY eyelids and these are just MY EXPERIENCE with the product**

PROS:
  • The formula IS waterproof. If you don't have oily eyelids it MAY not transfer like it did on my eyelids.
CONS:
  • VERY POINTY TIP/NOT FLEXIBLE- the tip is SO POINTY and not flexible that it felt like I was POKING myself while I was applying this product

  • The formula of the product is REALLY THICK and DOES NOT apply smoothly NOR does it distribute the product evenly (I had to go over parts of my eyes several times to MATCH the darkness/thickness)
  • IF you have OILY eyelids, it will SMUDGE many times 
  • I could FEEL (almost a drying feeling) the product on my lids throughout the day
OVERALL:  There are MANY MANY products that I LOVE from Wet n' Wild, but this one IS NOT one that I would recommend.

I do realize that sometimes product formula is up to PERSONAL PREFERENCE...but I really felt UNCOMFORTABLE APPLYING the product. Even though it is somewhat inexpensive I would still say SKIP IT!

IF the product worked for you PLEASE comment below on how/why you like it! 


JC













No comments:

Post a Comment