Thursday, February 20, 2014

REVIEW: NYX SOHO GLAM GLAMOUR SOHO COLLECTION


THIS collection has been available for sometime.
I purchased mine from REXALL PHARMA PLUS here in CANADA for $19.00 CAD

I thought it was quite reasonable BUT I recently found it on SALE for $10.99 AT the SAME REXALL PHARMA PLUS!!!!

I know when I first found mine, it was around NOV/DEC, so it makes sense for them to put it on sale- CHECK YOUR LOCAL REXALL PHARMA PLUS!!

HERE GOES THE REVIEW!

This palette(?!)/collection comes with:


  • 52 Eye Shadows (MAJORITY of the shadows are SHIMMERY, with few MATTS)
  • 4 Blushes
  • 8 lip colours
  • 1 lip liner (not pictured)
  • 2 lip gloss'(not pictured)
*ON the NYX website they also state 4 "face colours" I ASSUMED they meant the blushes?!- The RETAIL VALUE on the site is listed as $30.00 USD**


SWATCHES

LEFT SIDE EYESHADOWS

The LEFT side contains 24 shadows. It was too much to swatch all 24 shadows at once- so I swatched 2 columns at a time. This side contains the NEUTRAL eyeshadows.

The individuals shadow DO NOT have names. The HEART indicates that it is a MATT shadow.


I know this picture is more zoomed in than the other, ONLY because I HAD to zoom in this close for you to be able to see the colour at all ^@^





































RIGHT SIDE EYE SHADOWS

The RIGHT side also contains 24 eyeshadows. Similarly I swatched 2 columns at a time. This side contains more of the COLOURFUL eyeshadows.










The HEART shows the MATT shadows



THE CENTRE COMPARTMENT EYESHADOW



**ONLY the FIRST BLACK shadow is MATT in this section**


EYESHADOW OVERALL REVIEW: As seen in the swatches. Some of the eyeshadows are NOT pigmented at all *_* Here is the DIFFERENCE when you use them WET


L=Left   R=Right

As you can see from the ABOVE swatches. The EYESHADOW on the LEFT (L) side has barely ANY pigmentation. ONCE I WET my fingers by wiping them on a baby wipe, they can be quit PIGMENTED.

BLUSHES


Thought it may not look like it, the ONLY MATT BLUSH is the LAST ONE on the RIGHT. The 3rd one from the LEFT is more like a bronzer shade. Overall they are quit pigmented.

LIP COLOURS



As you can see from the above swatches they are NOT OPQAUE. I would say you would get more uses out of them as LIP GLOSS' on TOP of something more opaque. 

I did TRY TO BUILD up the colours, but they became quit STICKY. I DO have a DARKER/YELLOW undertone....so they may WORK for someone with a lighter PINK undertone!


LIP GLOSS/ LIP LINER




The set comes with 2 LIP GLOSS' and ONE Lip Liner

The FIRST LIP GLOSS (They don't have names) is swatched on the TOP RIGHT- is VERY SPARKLY. But you CAN NOT feel the glitter. This one has more of a PURPLE sheen.


The LIP LINER (also NO name) is a baby pink, that CAN BE BUILT up color wise.

The SECOND GLOSS (no name is given)- is also sparkly, the SPARKLY is FINER than the FIRST GLOSS. It is more of a BABY PINK





OVERALL:

I would ONLY recommend them to someone if THEY WERE ON SALE, or you are a beginner (ME) and just want to play around with some colours without spending a FORTUNE. I don't think I would pay $30USD, or even the $19.99 CAD AGAIN.


PROS:

  • INEXPENSIVE...for the AMOUNT of products you are getting
  • The blushes ARE pigmented
CONS:

  • MANY of the eyeshadows are NOT pigmented....will only show up if used WET
  • The packaging is quit BULKY
  • The lip colours do not show up, IS QUIT STICKY 

THANKS FOR READING! I know the lighting for the swatches are not perfect, I will work on that! 

COMMENT BELOW about your favourite NYX products!!!


JC




















No comments:

Post a Comment