Monday, February 24, 2014

REVIEW: ESSENCE GET BIG! lashes mascara- $3.99 (NEW IN TOWN collection)

ESSENCE GET BIG! lashes mascara is the second mascara I hauled from ESSENCE. This mascara is also a part of the NEW TOWN COLLECTION.


  • NOT WATERPROOF
  • BIG wand- it's hard to see in the picture but the wand has a TINY BED in the middle
  • It looks as though it MAY have FIBERS attached to the bristles

Here are my lashes BEFORE applying the mascara/curling

















HERE are my lashes AFTER ONE coat of the mascara and CURLING it 


  • I DID NOT feel like the bristles really grabbed my lashes
  • The brush was also very big, making it hard to maneuver
  • The formula did grab the tips of my lashes, but did NOT help increase VOLUME in my opinion 
  • Did not weigh my lashes down too much, DID NOT need to curl my lashes throughout the day 
  • The FORMULA is on the drier side 

PROS:

  • Does not smudge
  • Will keep eye lashes curled through the day
  • Does add length to the lashes
  • Only $3.99 CAD

CONS:

  • The brush is too big (personal preference)
  • The formula DOES NOT grab onto lashes
  • HARD to get the TINY lashes.

OVERALL: First, remember that mascaras are really UP TO PERSONAL PREFERENCE and LASH TYPES, with that in mind. I WOULD NOT repurchase this particular mascara BUT I do think it is worth a try,  ESPECIALLY if you are looking more for LENGTH than volume, and DO NOT mind the BIG brush. 


Hope you enjoyed the review! Comment below if you have a FAVORITE ESSENCE mascara!

JC














No comments:

Post a Comment