Wednesday, February 19, 2014

FAVORITE MAKEUP REMOVER

When I am looking for a eye makeup remover, I look ONLY for one's that claim to remove WATERPROOF mascara....as the majority of my mascara's are waterproof.

I have tried both high end (Lancome, Sephora, Cliniqe ..etc) and drugstore/affordable options. My current favourite makeup removers are from MARCELLE and MARY KAY







MARCELLE gentle make-up remover for sensitive eyes (perfume free/hypoallergenic) 

WHERE TO PURCHASE: Shopper's Drugmart/ Walmart/ Rexall PharmaPlus  or from their ONLINE store (free shipping for CANADA!!, UNFORTUNATELY they do not seem to sell the 200ML size online)

Ranges from $10~$13(Walmart/Shopper's Drugmart will frequently have sales, I have also seem them in packs- where you get a full size PLUS a travel size)


CLAIM

  • Removes WATERPROOF and LONG LASTING makeup
  • Smoothes and refreshens the eye contour area 
PROS:

  • DOES remove WATERPROOF eye makeup 
    Used ESSENCE LIQUID EYELINER (WATERPROOF) The liner (in my opinion is VERY WATER/SMUDGE proof)
    After gently PRESSING for about 5 seconds, it will EASILY wipe away
  • Does NOT leave oily residue 

  • Does NOT leave oily residue on CONTACT lenses (I know I should probably take out my contacts first, but I have used it with my contacts in, even when it gets in my eyes it DOES NOT leave any residue on my CONTACTS)

  • Does NOT sting eyes 
CONS:

  • $10~$13 Is a little expensive for a drugstore product
OVERALL: Would recommend to EVERYONE! Though it is a little expensive for a drugstore product, it does last a long time (NOTE- I ONLY use it to remove eye makeup). THUMBS UP for no oily residue!




MARY KAY oil free makeup remover 

WHERE TO PURCHASE: Unfortunately I do not believe any CHAIN drugstores carries MARY KAY. It can be purchased from




  • MARY KAY representative: Personally this is where I have always purchased mine from. My friends and I will make a order together (if you order OVER a certain $$AMOUNT$$, you can receive discounts- I have gotten BUY1 GET ONE HALF). 

PROS:

  • DOES remove waterproof makeup well

Also used ESSENCE LIQUID EYELINER (WATERPROOF)

After gently PRESSING for about 5 seconds, it will EASILY wipe away


  • It is recommended for DRY to OILY skin, but it DOES NOT feel oily or drying.
  • DOES NOT STING eyes
  • DOES NOT leave oily residue on CONTACTS
CONS:

  • The price tag ($17.50 CAD for 110ml/3.75FL OZ) is a little expensive
OVERALL: I would recommend it to EVERYONE. Though I don't think I have the MOST sensitive eyes, I do wear contacts, and it is important that it does not sting my eyes or leave residues on my contacts (IT DOESN"T).

IF I had to COMPARE, I would say the MARCELLE one is slightly better in terms of oiliness(the MARCELLE is LESS oily formula wise). BUT if you do get a chance to try out/ order MARY KAY products definitely put this in your basket!!!


THANKS for READING! COMMENT below if you have tried it...OR YOU have other recommendations!!!

JC



















No comments:

Post a Comment