Friday, February 21, 2014

REVIEW: ESSENCE STAY MATT LIP CREAM


I recently HAULED 3 ESSENCE STAY MATT LIP CREAMS. HERE goes the REVIEW


01-Velvet Rose
  
02- Smooth Berry
Top Left Corner- 04 SILKY RED
Top Right Corner- 02 SMOOTH BERRY
Center-01 Velvet Ros

The applicator is slight slanted, allowing for a smooth application. IT IS NOT flexible, but VERY SOFT. 

ON my LIPS 02 Smooth Berry and 04 Silky Red looks very similar (probably because of my OWN lip pigmentation)

HERE swatched on my hand. 
LEFT-04 SILKY RED and the RIGHT-02 SMOOTH BERRY

RIGHT- SMOOTH BERRY definitely has a BRIGHT PINK pigmentation 





I TESTED 04 SILKY RED



  • I DID NOT use any lip balms/lip primers
  • NO lip liner
  • NO LIP GLOSS
  • DID NOT apply lip balm afterwards/throughout the day
  • DID NOT reapply the lip cream
  • I wore it for approximately 6 hours
HERE is the SWATCH RIGHT when I put it on  my lips 

I'm not sure if it's the LIGHTNING, but although it is called SILKY RED, it APPEARS  more PINK TONED WHEN exposed to sunlight

HERE is a how it looked after about AN HOUR

You can tell that the COLOR has FADED quit a bit. I had been SIPPING on COFFEE 

HERE is the TOTAL BREAKDOWN 






THE MIDDLE picture was taken RIGHT AFTER I ATE, I BLOTTED LIGHTLY...but as you 
can SEE most of the VIBRANT COLOR is GONE. My lips ARE NOT extremely dry, but as you can see this CLUNG to my dry spots.

PROS:

  • Inexpensive- You really CAN NOT BEAT the $2.99 price tag
  • Is VERY PIGMENTED 
  • The applicator picks up ENOUGH products the first time
CONS:

  • Very dry formula-even when you are applying it DOES NOT glide on smoothly
  • COLOR fades FAST- it will NOT TRANSFER RIGHT AWAY- WILL FADE GRADUALLY
  • WILL CLING to DRY SPOTS- WILL also CLING and SETTLE in the WRINKLES (I have WRINKLY LIPS)
  • STRONG  GENERIC vanilla smell (PERSONAL PREFERENCE, I really DO NOT like vanilla). The Smell will fade...eventually...

OVERALL: Consider the factors (no lip balm, no lip liners, no re-application...etc) I think IT CAN STILL BE WORTH A TRY, I mean they are ONLY $2.99. BUT I would NOT REPURCHASE any new shades. ONCE you PUT ON LIP BALM it IS NOT AS drying, and REMEMBER to EXFOLIATE your LIPS before hand, or put lip balms on.

BUT if your WILLING to fork over a few more bucks...I would really RECOMMEND the RIMMEL APOCALIPS (or RIMMEL SHOW OFF- as they are called in the US). They are about $5-$7 CAD (I HAVE found them on SALE at SHOPPER's DRUGMART/WALMART for less than $5)

THANKS for READING, I hope it HELPED!!! 

JC








































No comments:

Post a Comment