Wednesday, February 26, 2014

FIRST IMPRESSIONS : HERBAL ESSENCE DRY SHAMPOO

HERBAL ESSENCE recently came out with a NEW LINE that includes 2 NEW DRY SHAMPOOS 

THIS POST is a FIRST IMPRESSIONS that will be UPDATED into a full REVIEW. FIRST IMPRESSIONS mean that I have only had the chance to try the product a few times, and therefore do not feel that I can come up with a FINAL DECISION regarding the product.

I FIRST PURCHASED the COLOR ME HAPPY- INSTANT CLEAN & COLOR PROTECTION formula......They are between $2.49CAD(Walmart)-$3.99CAD each.



I FIRST chose to BUY this formula because I recently colored my HAIR. Here is how I feel about it SO FAR:

  • AMAZING SMELL- Smells EXACTLY like the classic HERBAL ESSENCE SHAMPOO. I know it has pictures of roses on the bottle, but I do not think it has any overwhelming scent of roses at all (Personal preference- I HATE rose smells).
  • The SECOND ingredient listed is ALCOHOL so OVER SPRAYING it will give you a strong ALCOHOL smell. ALSO the smell UNFORTUNATELY DOES NOT LINGER :(
  • VERY FINE MIST- AFTER the first 1-2 pumps (the 1'st pumps come out REALLY concentrated- COULD be because I was pressing the nozzle part quit hard as well)
  • Did not dry out my hair (I had 3rd day hair...so it was quit greasy)
!!!INCIDENT!!!!!- I stored the product in a drawer (lying down)...and THE NEXT DAY...when I shook the bottle (your suppose the shake it before use) it was HALF EMPTY AND the product WOULD NOT COME OUT. Here is what I'm thinking/hoping

The product being HALF EMPTY: THIS has happened to me before when I DID NOT keep the product standing. I've had other dry shampoos LEAK....so I guess at least it's good that this one DID NOT LEAK....BUT this makes me think maybe the product escaped through the nozzle?! 

LET ME EXPLAIN- As you can see from the above picture, the nozzle is really really tiny, AFTER I was down spraying...I could hear a FIZZLE sound and see a very thin amount of mist coming out of the nozzle. I TRIED pressing on the nozzle but it would not stop....and eventually the FINE MIST STOPPED. So I LEFT IT....I wondering if the product just kept ESCAPING through the NOZZLE?!

The SECOND PROBLEM of the product NOT COMING OUT- I tried WASHING the nozzle- AND RUNNING it UNDER WARM WATER...and STILL NOTHING. The nozzle will NOT BUDGE.

I've ONLY used the product ONCE, so this is a tiny bit upsetting, even if it only between $2.49CAD-$3.99CAD. MONEY IS MONEY, and it's a complete waste if it only works ONCE.

LUCKILY (?!) I had a Walmart gift card, so I decided to try out the SECOND FORMULA- HERBAL ESSENCE NAKED  0% Paraben/Colorant DRY SHAMPOO.



ALCOHOL is ALSO the second ingredient.

I REALLY REALLY SERIOUSLY REALLY hope THIS one WORKS.

I will be UPDATING once I feel I have tried the products long enough! So COME BACK SOON!


JC













No comments:

Post a Comment