Wednesday, February 19, 2014

FAVORITE liquid eyeliner

I use liquid eyeliner on a daily bases (I can never get the hang of GEL eyeliner). My CURRENT favourite liquid eyeliner is the ESSENCE (WATERPROOF) LIQUID EYELINER, I have never tried the non waterproof version, but even so I have NEVER really read any reviews/videos on this particular eyeliner.


                                 

DRIES MATT (Sorry for the blurry image, I will work on it)
**I RAN HOT WATER over this swatch and lightly patted it with a towel**
  1. WHERE TO BUY: I have only found ESSENCE products at SHOPPER's DRUG MART in CANADA (If you know where else to buy the brand from in CANADA, please please COMMENT below) $1.99-$3.99 CAD (It goes on sale sometimes)

PROS: 
  • SUPER WATERPROOF ...once it DRIES(I have taken showers/gone swimming and NOT a budge)
  • DOES NOT smudge/flake ONCE it DRIES (**I have semi oily eyelids**)
  • Flexible brush but NOT flimsy- I am NOT a pro when it comes to applying eyeliner, but I found this is JUST FLEXIBLE ENOUGH that even with a shaky hand I can draw a good enough line.
  • Has a FINER tip, so you can control the thickness.
  • INEXPENSIVE (BELOW $4)

CONS:

  • Will smudge IF YOU DO NOT WAIT FOR IT TO DRY 
  • NOT recommended for drier lids (I recommended it to a friend with drier lid once...and it flaked on her 

  • Once it gets old, you will find that colour is not as opaque- It usually lasts me 2~3 months (I throw it out after that for hygiene reasons)
OVERALL:

  • I really would recommend it to EVERYONE (it's below $4!!!), but especially to girls with oilier eyelids, and to be honest girls with mono-lids .....as it decreases the chance of it smudging. (My RIGHT eyelid is mono lid....and because I do not have the crease....when I close my eyes it does NOT SMUDGE)
If you have a chance to try it COMMENT below on how it worked for you!

JC













No comments:

Post a Comment