Monday, February 24, 2014

REVIEW: RIMMELSHOW OFF LIP LACQURER

RIMMEL SHOW OFF LIP LACQUER

THESE first came out in the UK as the RIMMEL Apocalips. There are a total of 13 SHADES.

THEY are around $7.99-$9.99 CAD (I have seen them on SALE at various DRUGSTORE for $3.99)

HERE are the 5 shades I will review
            FROM TOP:
  1. 101 CELESTIAL
  2. 102 NOVA
  3. 401 AURORA
  4. 303 APOCALIPTIC
  5. 400 BIG BANG


TOP LEFT: 101 CELESTIAL 

TOP RIGHT:102 NOVA

CENTER: 400 BIG BANG

BOTTOM LEFT:401 AURORA

BOTTOM RIGHT:303 APOCALIPTIC



The APPLICATOR has a DENT, which stores a deposit of the product, allowing ONE simple application (no need to re-dip your applicator for application)

The applicator is VERY SOFT






These lip lacquers are EXTREMELY PIGMENTED. Here is 400 BIG BANG swatched on my lips.

  • I DID NOT put lip balms on before hand
  • I DID NOT use a lip liner
  • I DID NOT RE-APPLY
  • No LIP GLOSS/BALM
  • I DID NOT APPLY LIP BALM throughout the day



ONCE you GENTLY PAT your lips, THERE WILL BE BARELY ANY transfers. 

DRIES to a MATT finish, DOES NOT feel overly drying

DOES NOT feather 

The COLOR DID NOT fade at all throughout the day (around 6 hours) and transfer was minimal.

PROS:
  • PIGMENTED
  • Many shades
  • DOES NOT dry lips
  • Minimal Scent- IS NOT SWEET
CONS:
  • If you DO NOT put on a lip balm beforehand, the color will remain in the wrinkles of your lips
  • Certain colors will stain a little  (THE BRIGHT COLORS)
OVERALL:  I would 100% recommend this product. I found it felt better on my lips, if I PUT LIP BALMS BEFORE I applied the product. I like the product without any gloss, but adding LIP BALM throughout the day does help- Especially if you are NOT used to drier lip products.

I can't wait to hoard buy the other shades!!! TELL ME if this product worked for you?

JC














No comments:

Post a Comment