Thursday, March 20, 2014

REVIEW: L'oreal Gold Dust Nail Polish (139 Rough Around The Edges)

I am reviewing this product as a part of this week's WEEKLY REVIEW

L'Oreal Gold Dust Nail Polish collection has a TOTAL of 9 colours in the USA- I have ONLY SPOTTED 4 of the colours here in CANADA

This product REMINDS me BOTH of the SALLY HANSEN GEM CRUSH line (PERMANENT) and the ESSIE ENCRUSTED TREASURES collection (the texture is VERY similar)

The shade I am review is 139 Rough Around The Edges- $5.96CAD
** For the purpose of testing out the product AS IS, I DID NOT put a base coat on BUT I did use the NYC clear top coat**


UPDATE DIFFERENT SHADE#141 Hidden Gems

To be honest, I DO NOT think you need both shades, as they are quit SIMILAR...UNTIL you are in the SUN LIGHT. #141 Hidden Gems has TINY TINY BLUE shimmers, but I COULD ONLY see them when I added TWO COATS OF SHINY top coat, even then, it LOOKED VERY SIMILAR TO #139 Rough Around The Edges 

PROS:
  • Very OPAQUE 
  • Takes about 3 MINUTES to completely dry
  • Easy to take off
CONS:
  • The second coat was HARDER TO PUT ON (Possibly due to the gritty texture)
  • Chipped a lot faster than the other L'oreal nail polishes (Could be due to the fact that I DID NOT put a base coat)
OVERALL: I would RECOMMEND this product! This product is definitely WORTH a TRY. I can't wait to try on the other colours!







No comments:

Post a Comment