Tuesday, March 4, 2014

REVIEW: Essence ALL ABOUT MATT- fixing compact powder

This product is part of my WEEKLY REVIEW series 

The ESSENCE ALL ABOUT MATT fixing compact powder is a NEW (BUT PERMANENT)product recently (at least in my region) introduced by ESSENCE cosmetics.

In CANADA they are available from SHOPPER's DRUG MART. I purchased mine for $3.99 CAD

**THERE IS ONLY ONE SHADE**


As you can see from the RIGHT side picture 
  • The VERY TOP shows a ONE SWIPE SWATCH of the product
  • The MIDDLE picture show the product on my skin WITHOUT it being BLENDED
  • The last picture is a picture of the product once it is BLENDED 
PROS:
  • WILL ABSORB oil (I used the product to FIX the my SHINY T-zone throughout the day)
  • Will blend out quit nicely 
  • Smooth powder
CONS:
  • IF you apply TOO MUCH product or DO NOT blend it properly you WILL have a WHITE CASTE (WITH or WITHOUT FLASH photography)- ALSO remember I HAVE A YELLOW UNDERTONE 
  • DOES NOT have a mirror 
OVERALL: Though this product has a VERY reasonable price tag, I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND this product. Here are the reasons:
  • It's really hard to TOUCH UP with this product, because IT DOES NOT have a mirror and that makes it hard for you to check if you BLENDED the product properly(I know this could be where they are saving COST- but I HAVE ELF products that HAVE MIRRORS and cost about the same)
  • I DO NOT carry a blending brush with me, so I used a COMPACT SPONGE....which is REALLY NOT a great tool to use when it came to blending in the product
  • WILL SETTLE into your FINE LINES/DRY SPOTS
If you have VERY OILY SKIN and perhaps a LIGHTER skin tone, you COULD TRY this product out. I definitely WILL NOT REPURCHASE.

JC






No comments:

Post a Comment